The Apex Building is located at 425- 431 Main Street in Cañon City, Colorado. This two-story, brick commercial building was constructed in 1901. The Apex building has an Italianate-style exterior, with original classical detailing like the brick quoining, egg and dart moldings, and bracketed cornice. The first-floor interior is organized into two suites containing open retail spaces. The 427 Suite at the southwest and the 431 Suite at the northeast. The interior retains historic finishes such as hardwood floors and pressed tin ceilings on the first floor. The second floor is comprised of offices organized around a T-shaped, double-loaded corridor. The second floor retains its historic configuration and almost all historic finishes, such as hardwood floors in the corridors, wood window trim, beadboard wainscoting, baseboards, plaster walls and ceilings, original wood paneled doors, hardware and ornate light fixtures. The Apex Building served Cañon City as various drug stores until 1972, when it transitioned to serve other retail purposes. It significantly contributes to the Cañon City Historic District (NRHP 1983, boundary increase 1986). The period of significance for the Apex Building spans from 1901, the year of completion, to 1930.